Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 39
(Read 109596 times)
Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 9  
Reply #510 - 09.03.2005 at 15:21:15

"In the life of the Indian there was only one inevitable duty, the duty of prayer, the daily recognition of the Unseen and Eternal. His daily devotions were more necessary to him than daily food."

--Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX

The most important habit one can develop is the daily act of prayer. Prayer is our eyes, our ears, our feelings, our success, our guidance, our life, our duty, our goal. There really is only prayer and meditation. We can only help others through prayer. We can only help ourselves through prayer. You can never become an Elder unless you pray. You can never stay an Elder unless you pray. You never get wisdom unless you pray. You never understand unless you pray.  

Great Spirit, today, teach me to pray.

haugh!

you cant look in the mirror and expect it to smile first

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Re:  Sporočila in dnevne meditacije ŠAMANOV (
Reply #511 - 10.03.2005 at 14:48:17

"I know Grandpa told me that to smoke is wakan (holy). The smoke you inhale represents the spirits of everything you put into the pipe. When you breather in the smoke, you are asking to become one with everything or to become whole."  

--Dr. A.C. Ross (Enhanamani), LAKOTA  

The smoke allows us to go from the Seen World to the Spirit World. It is in the Spirit World where we are all connected. In this way, we can become one with all things. Our pipe is sacred. We need to be respectful of our medicine. When we smoke the pipe, we need to have good thoughts because these thoughts are shared with the Spirit World. The pipe, the smoke, the spirits, our thoughts-these things are Wakan.  

Great Spirit, today, let my thoughts be Wakan.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 11  
Reply #512 - 11.03.2005 at 16:49:24

"The symbol of wholeness, represented by the medicine wheel, is still being used in D/Lakota ceremonies today. The center where the "X" crosses is considered the home of Tunkasila, Wakan-Tanka, God. I speculated, `If this is the symbol of wholeness, the symbol of the psyche, with Wakan-Tanka at the center, then Wakan-Tanka or God would be within you.'"
--Dr. A.C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA  

The Medicine Wheel represents everything. All the directions originate from the center outward. The center is the home of the Creator. The Medicine Wheel represents the human being. At our center is the home of the Great Spirit. This is why we are spiritual. The easiest way for us to find God and talk to Him, is for us to become centered. This means, relax our bodies, still our minds, let go of our emotions and listen quietly. Shhh. Be still.  

My Creator, let me walk in the stillness today.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 12  
Reply #513 - 12.03.2005 at 11:21:44

"The old people say, `Learn from your mistakes'. So I try to accept everything for what it is and to make the best of each situation one day at a time."

The Creator did not design us to beat ourselves up when we make mistakes. Mistakes are our friends. It is from mistakes that we learn. The more mistakes we learn from, the faster we gain wisdom. The faster we gain wisdom, the more we love. The more we love, the fewer our mistakes. Therefore, mistakes help us to learn love. God is love. Mistakes are sacred and help us learn about God's will for ourselves.  

Great Spirit, help me, today, to learn from my mistakes.

Evo ga Gerorge Pan, k se rad igra s svojo Big Big vojsko, itak samih prostovoljcev!  Grin Le kako, da vojakov nikol ne zmanjka?

I wonder... Tongue

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 15  
Reply #514 - 15.03.2005 at 14:01:52

"We were taught generosity to the poor and reverence for the Great Mystery. Religion was the basis of all Indian training."

Every Indian knows and has a feeling inside that, bottom line, our real purpose on earth is to be of service to our fellow man and to be of maximum service to the Great Spirit. The Creator designed the earth to be self supporting --everything is interconnected and all things were created to be of service to each other. The Indian way is to pray about all things. Religion is not separate from any part of our lives. Everything is spiritual and we are to view all matters in this way. Family is spiritual, work is spiritual, helping others is spiritual, our bodies are spiritual, our talk is spiritual, our thoughts are spiritual. We need to practice seeing all things as spiritual.  

Great Spirit, today let me help the needy and allow me the wisdom to have respect and reverence for Your teachings.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 17  
Reply #515 - 17.03.2005 at 18:13:08

"By listening to the inner self and following one's instincts and intuitions, a person may be guided to safety."  
Be still and know. The Medicine Wheel teaches the four directions of inner power-not personal power, but the power of God. These four directions are emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual. As our emotions get too far our of control, we simultaneously create an equivalent mental picture, our physical body fills with stress and tension, and we become spiritually confused. When we experience these uptight feelings, the best thing to do is mentally pause, slow down our thinking, breathe slowly, or pray and ask the spirits to help. Only when we approach the stillness of the mind do we get access to our spiritual guidance system. To be guided, let your mind be still.  
Creator, today, let me reside in Your stillness.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 18
Reply #516 - 18.03.2005 at 11:29:44

"The sacred fire used to heat the rocks represents the eternal fire that burns at the center of the universe."

Our Sweat Lodge represents the womb of Mother Earth. This is the place of forgiveness. The altar is the place where the Grandfathers are heated. The Sweat Lodge and the altar represent the whole story of the universe. The Sweat Lodge and the ceremonies are sacred. The Great Spirit gave these things to us to help us. He taught us to do the ceremonies in harmony with Mother Earth. We need to know and understand these things.  

Great Spirit, let me understand harmony.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

4 manitou 4OM squaw
Reply #517 - 22.03.2005 at 11:45:14

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 22  
"Everything's so simple, and we make everything so complicated. That's why we're confused."  
--Vickie Downey, TEWA/Tesuque Pueblo  
The Creator designed a very simple set of Laws for us to follow. If we follow these simple things, we'll be happy. If we don't follow these simple things, our lives become complicated. For example:
Respect Mother Earth
Love one another
Be truthful
Give to your brother and sisters
Be gentle with each other
Be happy
Following these simple Laws will have great rewards.  

Great Spirit, let me lead a simple life.

IP Logged

Petra Gradisar
Ex Member

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 12
Reply #518 - 12.05.2005 at 11:07:52

"All the stones that are around here, each one has a language of its own. Even the earth has a song."  
---- Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA  

To believe that every tree, plant and insect can talk takes an open mind. Go by yourself into nature and sit quietly. Then pick up a rock and listen to your thoughts. After a while, put that rock down and pick up another rock. Your thoughts will change. These are the voices and wisdom of the Stone People. Each one has different wisdom and they are willing to share their wisdom with you. Many of the Stone People are very old and very wise.  

Great Spirit, let every rock and leaf be my teacher.

IP Logged

Petra Gradisar
Ex Member

Re: Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 9  
Reply #519 - 12.05.2005 at 11:12:12

Quote:
"In the life of the Indian there was only one inevitable duty, the duty of prayer, the daily recognition of the Unseen and Eternal. His daily devotions were more necessary to him than daily food."

The most important habit one can develop is the daily act of prayer. Prayer is our eyes, our ears, our feelings, our success, our guidance, our life, our duty, our goal. There really is only prayer and meditation. We can only help others through prayer. We can only help ourselves through prayer. You can never become an Elder unless you pray. You can never stay an Elder unless you pray. You never get wisdom unless you pray. You never understand unless you pray.  

Great Spirit, today, teach me to pray.

haugh!

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 13  
Reply #520 - 13.05.2005 at 11:11:28

"But the great spirit has provided you and me with an opportunity for study in nature's university, the forests, the rivers, the mountains, and the animals which include us."  
---- Walking Buffalo, STONEY  

What we really need to learn is how to live life. Nature is the greatest university when we want to learn about balance, harmony, the Natural Laws and how to live life. But we will never learn unless we spend time in the "living university." Nature is full of examples, lessons, and exercises about life. Nature will help humans learn. Nature will help humans heal. Nature will help with Medicine, knowledge and healing. The reason our Elders are so wise is because they have attended the right educational system - nature's university.  

Great Spirit, help me to become wise.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 14
Reply #521 - 14.05.2005 at 15:49:27

"Prayer is the best answer to all of the trials that face us,
"Molitev je najboljši odgovor za vse zadeve, s katerimi se soočamo,

because without prayer, even if we succeed in
kajti brez molitve, tudi če dosežemo kakšen veliki cilj v človeškem pogledu,

accomplishing some great goal in the eyes of men, we
smo padli v naših svetih dolžnostih, in to, da nismo uspeli je to, kar je resnično pomembno."

have failed in our sacred responsibilities, and thus we have failed in what is truly important."  

--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW  

What are our sacred responsibilities? One is to be of maximum service to the Creator, and two is to serve the people. In a way, it's like the Great Spirit is the employer and we are the employees. We live each day, do what we do, accomplish our goals, face our difficulties, overcome them all to the Glory of the Creator. We do these things to make Him proud! Even if we work for a company, agency or tribe, they are nor really our employer; the Creator is our employer. Working for the Creator is better than working for a human being, because each night we can talk to the Creator and ask Him, "Well, how did I do today?" He answers back each night, "I'm proud of you, my child; sleep well, and in the morning I'll give you a new set of growing experiences."  

Great Spirit, today, let me work for you. You will be my new boss.
VELIKI DUH, danes mi dovoli delati zate. Ti boš moj novi šef.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Thomas%20Yellowtail%2C%20CROW%20%20&hl=en&lr=&sa=...

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 16
Reply #522 - 16.05.2005 at 12:05:53

"It's time. If you are to walk the path of heart, then it is time..."  
--Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE  

If not now, when? If not me, who? To walk the path of the heart is a great honor. Every human has the choice to walk this path, but very few will decide to make it. Why? Well, because you can't act and behave like everyone else behaves. You must be the person who will learn to look within. You must be the person who will be fully accountable for yourself. You must be the person who prays and meditates. You must be the person who will sacrifice. You must decide to be a Peaceful Warrior. What will you decide today?  

Oh, Great Mystery, lead me on the path of the heart.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&q=ARAPAHOE&btnG=Search

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 18
Reply #523 - 18.05.2005 at 11:43:48

"...Grandmother the Earth. That power is here all the time. It is continuous, and nobody controls it."
--Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA  

There are certain powers that the human being has no choice but to obey. We cannot negotiate or barter with this power. Our choice is either to conform or to live out of harmony. Whatever our choice, it will be the end result in our lives that we notice. So it is with the powers of the Earth which produce life. The Earth has the life force power. If anyone plants a seed, the seed will grow. The Earth treats everyone equally. The human cannot interfere, only obey. We should all show great respect for the Earth and Her powers.  

Great Spirit, today, let me honor and respect the power of the Grandmother, the Earth.

http://www.yuckles.com/tshirts-buffalo.html

http://hpp.ou.edu/WellNativeMen2005/

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61316312/252191973Ekrozk

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

HVALA! (:)
Reply #524 - 18.05.2005 at 11:46:58

Thank you!