Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 24  
Reply #495 - 24.01.2005 at 13:22:19

"Always listen to what the Elders say."

--Dona Josefa Medrano, HUICHOL, SIERRA MADRE, MEXICO

In school we have been taught to go to the encyclopedia when we need information about certain subjects. From the time we are little, we have a natural tendency to seek out role models. When we need information about living we tend to seek out books about living. These maybe self help books. The world is full of information. For the Native people, we have our Elders. All races have Elders. Our lives will run much smoother when we listen to the Elders. They don't always tell us what we want to hear but they always tell us what we need to hear. The Elders have the ability to make the truth sweet.  

Creator, thank You for the Elders. Help me this day to listen to them.

you cant look in the mirror and expect it to smile first

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 25  
Reply #496 - 25.01.2005 at 16:53:10

"Also ask your heart to purify and cleanse this defect and harmful desire. Ask also the help of the inner father and mother. Every time we eliminate a defect, we build our soul, our inner temple. We ascend. like going up a stairway."  

--Willaru Huayata, QUECHUA NATION, PERU  

The building blocks to knowledge and wisdom are constructed through the lessons of our character defects if we constructively review our conduct each day, asking where we are resentful, selfish, dishonest, or afraid. Remember, we need to review constructively, not destructively. Destructive review is when we ask, "what's the matter with me anyway." or "how could I be so stupid?" These question lead to morbid reflection or remorse and seriously affect our self esteem. In constructive review we ask, "what will I do next time?" With constructive review we progressively eliminate the defect and replace it with wisdom.  

My Creator, allow me to have my defects because through them I gain in knowledge of Your will.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 26  
Reply #497 - 26.01.2005 at 11:21:06

"All life is a circle."  

--Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE  

The atom is a circle, orbits are circles, the earth, moon, and sun are circles. The seasons are circles. The cycle of life is a circle: baby, youth, adult, elder. The sun gives life to the earth who feeds life to the trees whose seeds fall to the earth to grow new trees. We need to practice seeing the cycles that the Great Spirit gave us because this will help us more in our understanding of how things operate. We need to respect these cycles and live in harmony with them.  

Great Spirit, let me grow in knowledge of the circle.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day January 27
Reply #498 - 27.01.2005 at 12:36:51

There is no death. Only a change of worlds."      

--Chief Seattle, SUQWAMISH AND DUWAMISH

The Elders tell us of the other dimension, the Spirit World. Our spirit in our bodies does not die, it only looks that way to our eyes and our brains. Some of our ceremonies allow us to see into the Spirit World. Death is only part of a process of life. It shows the transition into the Spirit World. The Elders tell us this is a joyful life journey.

My Creator, help me to understand both the seen world and the unseen world. Let me not be afraid of the world You live in.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 28  
Reply #499 - 28.01.2005 at 11:21:00

"We call it the `sacred' red road because it is the road that will lead us to living the good life, an honest and healthy life."

--Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA

The Red Road is the path we walk on when we want a direct relationship with the Great Spirit. This requires sacrifice. This requires us to have our beliefs tested. To walk this path is really an honor. The returns for doing so are exciting, not only for ourselves but for the effect that will be felt for three generations. This means your children will see the benefits as well as your grandchildren. Do I want to walk this sacred road?  

Great Spirit, guide myself and my family on the Red Road.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 29  
Reply #500 - 29.01.2005 at 11:51:32

"We grieve more because we have been disconnected from our earth, our first Mother, our spiritual Mother."  

--Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA  

Where does all life come from? The Earth. Where does everything return to? The Earth. Where do values come them? The Earth. Many people are lost because they don't know the importance of connection to the Earth. They connect to money, to relationships, to success, to goals. When we are disconnected from the Earth, we have feelings of being sad or lost. When we are connected to the Earth, we feel warm and secure.  

Great Spirit, help me to stay connected to the Mother Earth.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 30  
Reply #501 - 30.01.2005 at 12:42:30

"Bright days and dark days were both expressions of the Great Mystery, and the Indian reveled in being close to the Great Holiness."

--Chief Luther Standing Bear, SIOUX  

The Great Spirit created a world of harmony, a world of justice, a world that is interconnected, a balanced world that has positive and negative, this way and that way, up and down, man and woman, boy and girl, honest and dishonest, responsible and irresponsible, day and night. In other words, He created a polarity system. Both sides are to be respected. Both sides or anything are sacred. We need to do good and we need to learn from our mistakes. We need to honor what takes place in the daytime and we need to honor what takes place in the nighttime. WE learn that we need to learn and we see what we are supposed to see by staying close to the Great Spirit. We need to be talking to Him all the time, saying "Grandfather, what is it you want me to learn?"  

Great Spirit, let me learn today that all things are sacred. Help me stay close to You, my Creator.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 31  
Reply #502 - 31.01.2005 at 11:32:52

"In sharing, in loving all and everything, one people naturally found a due portion of the thing they sought, while in fearing, the other found need of conquest."  

--Chief Luther Standing Bear, SIOUX  

There are two systems of thought that are available for us to choose from. One is the love-thought system and the other is the fear- thought system. If we choose love, we will see the laws, principles and values of the Creator. If we choose fear, the results will be so paralyzing that it will cause us to take over and not rely on the Great Spirit. The fear-thought system will automatically cause attack, conflict, need to control over others. The love-thought system seeks peace of mind, unity and causes us to be love seekers.  

Great Spirit, today let me see only love.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 1  
Reply #503 - 01.02.2005 at 11:57:56

"You can't just sit down and talk about the truth. It doesn't work that way. You have to live it and be part of it and you might get to know it."

--Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE  

We all read books that have much information in them. Often we pick up on little sayings that we remember. Inside of us is the little owl, the owl of knowing. It talks to us- guiding us and nurturing us. Often when we get information, it's hard to live by, but it's easy to talk about. It's living the Red Road that counts-Walk the Talk. If we really want freedom in our lives, if we really want to be happy, if we really want to have peace of mind, it's the truth we must seek.  

My Creator, help me in my search for the truth today.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 2  
Reply #504 - 02.02.2005 at 12:00:38

"Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood and so it is everything where power moves."  

--Black Elk (Hehaka sapa), OGLALA SIOUX

In these modern times it is difficult to understand why we should think circles and seasons. People and society are always moving, through distance, over yonder, going here and going there-hurry up, grow up, be successful, climb the ladder of success, etc. The Elders tell us to slow down, to be patient, pray and think circles. Circle thinking applies to relationships, business and every area of our lives. We need to teach our awareness to look for seasons and cycles.  

My Creator, teach me the seasons of growth.

IP Logged

bp
Ex Member

Re:  Sporočila in dnevne meditacije ŠAMANOV (
Reply #505 - 17.02.2005 at 10:11:23

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 3
Reply #506 - 03.03.2005 at 21:21:22

"For me writing has become prayers that say, `Great Spirit, return to us our freedom, our land, and our lives. We are thankful for the present from which to learn how to be thankful for the past, and how to be hopeful for the future."  
--Barney Bush, SHAWNEE  

We Native people have really been tested. This testing is having our land taken from us, our culture challenged, and our way of living altered. Gratefully, we have not lost our spirituality. our spirituality has been the key for our people making it through all of these tests. Our prayers are strong. Indian people have also been able to adjust to change and still keep their culture and spirituality. Today, we should be grateful to the Creator for the present, and for the lessons of the past. May our future be guided by the Great Spirit.  

Great Spirit, thank You for Mother Earth and Father Sky. Thank You for my life.

6330= 3's and 6's, such as 363 or 336 - Your ascended masters are helping you manifest the material items you need for your Divine life purpose. Whether that means money for tuition or outlets for you to conduct your teaching or healing work, the masters are working to bring it to you . They want you to know that you deserve to recieve this help, as it will better enable you to give to others.  Grin 8) o hvala!

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

[b]Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 5  [
Reply #507 - 05.03.2005 at 20:30:36

"I have always searched for my place and my people."

--Wendy Rose, HOPI/MIWOK  
For every human being to feel connected, we must have the feeling of belonging. That is one of the values and benefits of a culture: it creates the feeling of belonging. If for some reason, while you were growing up, you did not develop the feeling of belonging, a search will be triggered and a restlessness will be present in your heart. You will have a hole inside you, something missing, until you find your place and your people. Remember, we can get this feeling of belonging when we realize we belong to the Great Spirit and that He really loves us a lot.  

My Creator, today, I belong to You. Let me feel Your presence. Thank You.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 7
Reply #508 - 07.03.2005 at 17:20:52

"We are responsible for the condition of the Earth. We are the ones who are responsible and we can change that. If we wake up, it is possible to change the energy. It is possible to change everything."  
--Hunbatz Men, MAYAN  

The environment we want outside will be created by the mental pictures we have inside out heads. We must have the right environmental picture as well as the right values. These values will give the mental picture its true meaning. If we respected Mother Earth, we would not throw garbage on Her, nor would we put poison in Her. We would not misuse Her in any way. Mother Earth is like She is today because of the mental pictures of previous generations as well as the mental pictures of our own generation. If we want the environment to change, each individual must change their mental picture. "As within, so without."  

Great Spirit, today, let me be alert to Your guiding voice.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 8  
Reply #509 - 08.03.2005 at 16:14:19

"Balance is implicit in the Red Road. When you're on the Red Road, you are in the center. Yet, you do not go to either extreme, and you allow both sides to exist. This is accomplished by continually postponing surrendering to temptation, whatever it may be. It is saying `later' instead of `no.'"

--Dr. A.C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA  

The Sacred Path of life has a middle, a left side, and a right side. As human beings, we are designed to walk this middle path as much as we can. As we walk, we will stray to the left and to the right and come back to the middle. Straying to the left or right side is as sacred as being in the middle. Sometimes we call this straying our mistakes. We are designed by the Creator to walk to Sacred Path of life, and realize that our mistakes are the source of lessons. These lessons give us our wisdom. It is not wrong that we are tempted. What matters is what we do with the temptation.  

Great Spirit, today, let me enjoy the Sacred Path of Life.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 39