gape
YaBB Administrator
p

I love YaBB!
The Land of YaBB
NO e-PATENTS
18.03.2003 at 19:31:34

Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe

This petition is directed to the European Parliament. Its goal is to warn European Authorities against the dangers of software patents. This petition is supported by the EuroLinux Alliance together with European companies and non-profit associations. Please make this petition well known to everybody concerned.

I am concerned by current plans to legalise software patents in Europe, considering their damaging effect on innovation and competition.

I am concerned by the possible use of software patents to patent business methods, education methods, health methods, etc.

I am concerned by the current track record of abuses from the European Patent Office, especially by their tendency to abuse their judicial power to extend the scope of patentability.

I am surprised that no economic report has ever been published by European Authorities to study the impact of software patents on innovation and competition.

I urge decisionmakers at all levels in Europe to enforce the Law, which clearly prohibits patenting pure computer programs, instead of changing it.

I urge decisionmakers at all levels in Europe to reconsider their current plans and to make sure patents are not abused to prohibit or restrict the dissemination of computer programs and intellectual methods.

The countries explicitely listed in this form are all members of associated members of the European Union or the European Patent Convention because important decisions will be taken in Europe in the next 6 months. However, we truly welcome support and signatures from other regions in the World.

The current total number of signatures is: 139961  To support us with your company logo, to suggest missing European countries, to provide translation or for any comments, send an email to: petition@eurolinux.org

Kdor še vedno ni na slikco stisnu:
http://petition.eurolinux.org

Lahko pa da se tudi motim ...

The Administrator of this yabb and domain.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1