(Read 46497 times)
Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Re: Sporočila in dnevne meditacije ŠAMANOV
Reply #90 - 25.08.2003 at 10:59:17

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 22  

"When life is too good, we think too highly of ourselves and our blessings. Then we decide we are the wisest and the favored ones, and we don't think we need Wakan-Tanka and the Helpers anymore."  
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA  

It is sometimes easy to get off track when times are good. We start to take the credit and start to think we are in control. We start to think we are smart. Then we quit praying or pray only with lip service. We say the words but don't mean them. Sometimes our head is our greatest enemy. We start acting like a foolish child. We must develop the discipline to be humble during the good times. We need to remember how honorable it is each day to come into the presence of the Creator. How happy we should be to talk to the Grandfathers, to have the choice to start each day on the Sacred Spot - our place of communion with the Great Spirit.  

Oh Great Spirit, first let me thank You for the honor of talking to You today. To have the insight of Your love, that only You can love me when I don't deserve to be loved. Let me be reminded to talk to You all day long.

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 23  

"They also learned, and perhaps this was the most important thing, how to look at things through the eyes of the Higher Powers."  
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA  

Our eyes can only see our beliefs. Our beliefs cause us to make assumptions, draw conclusions and cause confusion. Our five senses are very limiting. The Creator has a way of allowing us to see or know in the spiritual world. This is called the Sixth Sense. The Sixth Sense is like a radar system; our personal radar system. It will help us "see" opportunities and help us avoid disaster. This Sixth Sense is controlled by God. We must learn to listen to it. We must learn to trust it. We must learn to act on it even if our head says differently. We must learn to look at things through the eyes of God.  

My Creator, guide me today. If my eyes cause confusion, let me close them and see through Your eyes. If my ears hear confusion, let me listen to my heart. Let me let You guide me.

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 24  
"The mind's eye changes the way we judge things."  
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA  
"What you see is what you get." Our head has inside it a movie projector that projects out from our foreheads and shines on a screen a picture of our true thoughts. This is our reality. We can only see what we project (our beliefs). If we believe someone is a jerk, every time we see them we reflect our beliefs about what we think about that person and that is all we can see. Even if someone tells us this person is a kind, loving, caring, intelligent individual, we wouldn't be able to see it. If we change our belief about them, that person will change and so will our judgment about that person.  

My Creator, let me realize the power of choice. Let me see the advantages of changing my beliefs. Today, if I am judging my brother, let me change my beliefs to acceptance. If my thoughts are of anger, let me change them to love. Let my eyes only see you in everything and every person.

Elder's Meditation of the Day August 25

"God is making use of you - you should be grateful He's found a use for you."      
--Mathew King, LAKOTA

The Creator can only create through human beings. Each human being has a purpose given to us by the Creator. We are on this earth to fulfill this purpose. Our only work is to make ourselves ready, to become a channel, to perform for the Creator. We prepare ourselves by prayer. We prepare ourselves by becoming unselfish. We prepare ourselves by seeking and choosing to walk on a spiritual path. Each morning we look to the east and we say an honor prayer to the Creator. We offer our gifts: tobacco and corn. We ask him to help us do His will for today. In this simple way, we still fulfill our purpose. It should be an honor to serve the Creator.

Great Spirit, today I am ready to serve You.

you cant look in the mirror and expect it to smile first

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #91 - 26.08.2003 at 12:03:41

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 26  

"Those who live for one another learn that love is the bond of perfect unity."  
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA  

To serve each other, to respect each other, to trust each other, to honor each other, to love each other, to cooperate with each other, to care for each other, to forgive one another, to focus on peoples' good, to laugh with one another, to learn from one another; to pray for each other - these are all acts of love. These values and actions will connect us to one another in the Unseen World. Nature is a good example of how we should get along with one another. Watch nature. She is our teacher. Nature lives to give to one another. The insects give to the birds who give to the four legged who give to the two legged. The Creator made all things perfect.  

Oh Great Spirit, let me serve the people today. Let me see that it is better to give than it is to receive. Be with me today.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #92 - 27.08.2003 at 12:45:32

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 27  

"We begin by letting the Powers know that we are willing to be their servants to others."  
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA  

There are certain prayers or actions we can take that will call the Powers. The powers can only work through people. The Powers are always waiting to express themselves through people that are ready. every person born is born with a purpose. They have a song to sing. They have a mission to accomplish. Every true purpose will always be about serving the Creator and helping others. When we let the Powers know that we are ready to serve the people, the Powers get excited because they can now do things to help the people and make things better for them. The decision is powerful because it turns an idea into action.  

Great Spirit, the greatest joy or feeling that I have ever experienced is when you are using me to help the people, the feeling of giving, the feeling of being your channel. Today, let me have that feeling of giving. Use me as You will.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #93 - 28.08.2003 at 14:43:28

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 28  

"With prayer and good intentions, we make our lives sacred and so come to balance."  
--Don Jose Matsua, HUICHOL SIERRA MADRE MEXICO

Only through prayer can we make spiritual changes that are permanent. You have told us that all life is sacred. Today I intend to serve you, my Creator. Allow me to overcome temptation, and if one comes along, let me see the lessons that will give balance. You have told us that all life is sacred. Let me see today with a sacred eye. Let me see beauty in all things.  

My Creator, let me know what You would have me be today. Let my intentions be honest, respectful, humble and loving.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #94 - 29.08.2003 at 12:11:59

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 29  

"The devastated earth, the air, water, the extinct species of mankind, animalkind, and plantkind, the drugs, suicides, family separations - these are all the result of false ceremonies."  
--Barney Bush, SHAWNEE  

All life is a ceremony. Every act is a ceremony creating a result in our lives. Every ceremony we do always brings results to our lives. If we do bad medicine to others, we do bad medicine to ourselves. If we keep on doing bad ceremonies, we will eventually destroy ourselves. Any time we live our lives out of harmony, we are doing bad ceremonies. Any time we treat anything with disrespect whether it is another human being or a plant or an animal, we are performing bad ceremonies. These ceremonies not only have an effect on ourselves but will simultaneously affect everything. We need to use our power well, only do good ceremonies.  

My Creator, teach me only good ceremonies. Teach me ceremonies that accomplish good for all the people. Good ceremonies cause good results. Teach me ceremonies that are helpful.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #95 - 31.08.2003 at 17:16:19

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 30  

"I started drinking more seriously, seeking refuge, seeking death actually, from a world that was feeling more and more unnatural to me. Following a painful accident related to drinking, I finally realized that I must decide whether I want to follow my grandparents or truly take up this life. Circumstances that followed led me to choose life."  
--Barney Bush, SHAWNEE  

My life is run by choices and decisions. Every choice I make today will carry with it the consequences of that choice. Every decision I make today will carry with it the consequences of that decision. The question I will ask myself today is, "Do I want to be happy or do I want to be right?" Which ever one I choose will have a lot to do with the consequences I will experience today. If today was the last day of my life, what choices and what decisions would I make?  

Oh Great Spirit, guide my path today and help me see the value of choosing the Red Road.

................................................................................

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 31  

"Our Creator makes available to us all that we need. It is an honor to go out and gather it. We must remember to say 'Thank You.' It is honorable to give away, to show our gratitude... and to let the children see this."  
--Barney Bush, SHAWNEE  

So many times we forget to say "thank You" to the Creator. He made for us and abundant universe. He built the Mother Earth to reproduce plenty of everything. It is an honor to be a part of the Great Spirit's world. The Creator always gives us what we need. When we are given things, we should be willing to share it with others. Whenever we give to others, this makes us feel good inside. The more we give, the better we feel. The better we feel, the more we want to give. We need to teach this to our children. The children learn by our behavior.  

My Creator, thank you for today. Thank you for the sun. Thank you for the earth. Thank you for my life. Thank you for......

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #96 - 01.09.2003 at 12:52:21

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 1  

"Everyone has a song. God gives us each a song. That's how we know who we are. Our song tells us who we are."  
--Charlie Knight, UTE  

As we start to walk the Red Road and as we develop ourselves as Warriors, a song will come to us. This song is given to each of us from the Great Spirit. Whenever we sing this song, we will receive courage and strength not only for ourselves but if we sing this song for others, it will also help them. The song will give us power and make us feel really good. The song will make us see life in a sacred way. If you don't have your song yet, ask the Creator in prayer if He will give you your song. With the song comes a responsibility - the responsibility to act and conduct oneself as a Warrior according to your song.  

Oh my Creator, let me live my song. Let my song honor Your way of life. Let me sing my song each day. At the end of today, let my song tell people who I am. I am a beautiful child of the Creator.

IP Logged

kreden
Ex Member

Reply #97 - 01.09.2003 at 16:47:44

KAJ JE KALI, A NE ZNAŠ SLOVENSKO ???  ALI TE PA JE ŽE SRAM GOVORITI SLOVENSKO, MENDA SMO JA V SLOVENIJI IN TUKAJ KOLKER JAZ VEM JE URADNI JEZIK SLOVENSKI.
KAJ KOPIRAŠ TO SRANJE IN GA LEPIŠ BREZ VEZE, ČE GA PA ŽE KOPIRAŠ GA PA VSAJ V SLOVENSKO SPREMENI.

IP Logged

kreden
Ex Member

Reply #98 - 01.09.2003 at 18:24:49

Kdor ne ve in ne ve, da ne ve, je norec – izogibajte se ga.

Kdor ve in ne ve, da ve, je zaspal – zbudite ga.

Kdor ne ve in ve, da ne ve, je potreben vzpodbude – nabijte ga.

Toda kdor ve in ve, da ve, je modrijan – spoznajte ga.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #99 - 02.09.2003 at 23:13:08

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 2  
"I remember Dawson (No Horse) said, 'Once you say your prayers, don't worry about them. If you worry about them, they'll just fade away.'"  
--Chuck Ross, LAKOTA  
Today I need to remember You are everywhere. I need to remember how much You love me. I need to know, Grandfathers, that You are always listening. Today I need to know how much You care. Today I will remember the advice of the Elders. "Say your prayers and then don't worry - know that the Great One has heard you." It's so much easier to do this, Grandfather, when I feel connected to You.  

My Creator, allow me this day to feel your presence. Let me walk the path of life today and talk to You many times. Give me faith, my Grandfather.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #100 - 03.09.2003 at 11:37:50

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 3  

"Once you have achieved this oneness, when you talk, God talks; when you act, God acts."  

--Chuck Ross, LAKOTA  

In my innermost self, I know this to be true. I know of this oneness. The more I am free of doubt, jealousy, judgment, selfishness, anger, the closer I am to this oneness. When I am right with the Creator, nothing can touch me. When I am right with the Creator I always say the right things. When I am right with the Creator, my thoughts are always good. When I am right with the Creator, my actions are always good.  

Great Spirit, remove from me those things that block me from You. Allow me this day to experience the oneness.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #101 - 04.09.2003 at 14:38:18

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 4  

"the Elders say that if you want something good, you have to suffer for it."  

--Chuck Ross, LAKOTA  

People sometimes have a misconception of sacrifice. This is a strong word for Indian people. On the other side of sacrifice is another whole world. During sacrifice, our beliefs are tested. We may all have good beliefs but if you test a good belief, then you get real beliefs. Real beliefs make new people; real beliefs make new self images. Real beliefs allow determination and desires and faith to come true. Good is always available to us but we often can't bring it within until we let go of the old ways. We let go of the old ways by suffering. Suffering is only letting go of things that don't work anymore. On the other side of suffering is a new world.  

Creator, help me to let go of old ways. Let my old thoughts and beliefs be abandoned. Every change is preceded by struggle. Help me go through the struggle today.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #102 - 05.09.2003 at 10:45:25

Elder's Meditation of the Day September 5

"Decisions that have been made for the last couple of centuries have been decisions made without the presence of a real God....from the vision, not of God, but of money."      
--Tom Porter, MOHAWK

As we view the world today, it's easy to see the people are off track. We are no longer living in harmony. Focusing on the material only leads us from the path of the Creator. We must now pray for ourselves and the people in a pitiful way. We must be humble and ask the Great Spirit to intervene because if we don't, our children will continue to have troubles. They are acting out our behavior as adults. Today is a good time to start. We need to get the spiritual way back into our lives. We need to focus on the spiritual.

My Creator, help me to focus on the spiritual way.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #103 - 06.09.2003 at 18:28:40

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 6  

"We all form self-images and much of our behavior is pretty well determined by how we feel about ourselves."  
--Eunice Baumann-Nelson, Ph.D., PENOBSCOT  

There is a cycle of building beliefs called the self talk cycle. Our self talk builds our self image and our self image determines our behavior, our actions, and our self worth - how we feel about ourselves. If we want to change the way we feel about ourselves we need to change our self talk. We need to build ourselves up. We need to talk to ourselves in a kind, positive, uplifting, good way. We need to talk to ourselves about the good things that are happening and know that we are worthy and expect abundance.  

Oh Great Spirit, today help me to know myself. Help me to see the joy, kindness, strength and beauty that I am.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #104 - 07.09.2003 at 11:46:14

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 7  

"Education is the new weapon of Indian people."  
--Eddie Box, SOUTHERN UTE  

People have the ability to adapt. In these modern times we must get educated so the people don't lose. We need lawyers, doctors, nurses, foresters, scientists, educators, carpenters, welders. These skills are needed to help the people. While we are learning, we need to remember to keep the culture, learn the dances, sing the songs, learn the language and maintain the Red Road for future generations.  

Great Spirit, let my education never lack the meaning and value of spirituality.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10