(Read 46257 times)
Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Re: Sporočila in dnevne meditacije ŠAMANOV
Reply #105 - 08.09.2003 at 11:28:11

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 8  

"Keep your life simple because the more you get, the more complicated it becomes."  

--Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE  

The old ones say, lead a simple life. The society we live in is all about getting more houses, cars, luxury and credit cards. The law of worry says, the more you have, the more you need to worry. You get a house, then you need insurance, then you need to take care of the yard and the list goes on. Next, you may want a bigger house with a bigger yard whick costs more in insurance. Along with the accumulation of materialism, are other "gifts." Soon you become a slave and the materialism owns you. Lead a simple life and have peace of mind. Lead a simple life and be spiritual.  

Creator, let my foundation be spiritual and simple.

you cant look in the mirror and expect it to smile first

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #106 - 09.09.2003 at 11:18:20

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 9  

"...[W]isdom comes only when you stop looking for it and start truly living the life the Creator intended for you."  
--Lelia Fisher, HOH  

There are many things that block us from wisdom such as selfishness, secrets, hate, anger, jealousy and judgments. Another thing that can block us from wisdom is trying too hard or wishing something would happen. Wishing implies doubt and trying implies control. We need to let go of these things. We need to abandon ourselves to the Creator. As soon as we surrender everything, the wisdom starts to flow. The Elders know how to help us with this. Just ask them.  

My Great Spirit, today I surrender my life and my will to Your care.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #107 - 11.09.2003 at 00:08:33

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 10  

"One of the first things Seneca children learned was that they might create their own world, their own environment, by visualizing actions and desires in prayer. The Senecas believed that everything that made life important came from within. Prayer assisted in developing a guideline toward discipline and self control."  
--Twylah Nitcsh, SENECA  

All permanent and lasting change starts first on the inside and works its way out. Having constant prayer and Creator directed visions helps us to live in harmony. This is the best way to grow strong and become a Warrior. No matter what is going on outside of ourselves, it is our projection that makes it so. It is our projections that even give it any meaning. Another way is each day to turn our life and our will over to the care of the Great Spirit. Then He will show us His desire for us. When we are in alignment to His desire, we become very joyful and very happy.  

Oh Great Spirit, You take care of me today and tell me what I can do for You today. Give me the discipline to talk to You whenever I am in doubt or fear. Let me come to You if I get irritated. You are my solution.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #108 - 11.09.2003 at 11:30:51

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 11

"Listen to all the teachers in the woods. Watch the trees, the animals and all living things - you'll learn more from them than from books."

Nature is a living example of how communities live in harmony. If you go into the forest or mountain and sit still and watch, ask yourself, what lessons are being taught? Then watch how the animals conduct themselves. The trees could represent diversity. The flowers could represent people. Notice how everything in nature assists one another. See how balance works. See how conflict is handled. Can you see acts of forgiveness? Can you spot respect? Nature is full of wisdom if wee will only consider her to be our teacher.  

My Creator, today let me learn from nature.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #109 - 12.09.2003 at 11:40:37

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 12  

"If you get troubled, go and sit by the river. The flowing water will take your troubles away."  

Sometimes we get mixed up and we don't know what to do. Go to the river or creek. Take your sage and tobacco; sit and be still. Talk to the water, offer tobacco and the healing water will take your problems downstream. Give thanks.  

Great Spirit, heal my mind today, let me see love.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #110 - 13.09.2003 at 13:42:51

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 13  

"The most important thing you can do during the course of the day is to pray."  

There are many things we do during the day that are important. There are many places we have to go and there are many things to accomplish. The old ones say, the most important thing we can do is remember to take the time to pray. We should pray every morning and every evening. In this way we can be sure that the Great Spirit is running our lives. With the Great Spirit we are everything but without Him we are nothing. All Warriors know their greatest weapon is prayer. To spend time talking to the Creator is a great honor.  

Great Spirit, thank You for listening to my prayers.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #111 - 14.09.2003 at 12:20:04

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 14

"Follow the Old One's advise."  
--Tom Porter, MOHAWK  

The Old One is called by many different names - Grandfather, The Four directions, Father Sky, Mother Earth. We should seek the advice of the Old One to help us build our vision. He will put inside of our mind and heart the vision that we are to follow. This vision is recognizable by the feeling that it has with it. This feeling is hard to describe. It feels "right," it feels calm, it feels joyful, it feels warm, it feels sacred. The Old One has a way of letting us know it really it His advice. Listen carefully!  

Grandfather, I'm listening.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #112 - 15.09.2003 at 11:22:27

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 15  

"Knowledge is a beautiful thing, but the using of knowledge in a good way is what makes for wisdom. Learning how to use knowledge in a sacred manner, that's wisdom to me. And to me, that's what a true Elder is."

--Sun Bear, CHIPPEWA  

We grow in wisdom by developing ourselves according to the four directions of the Medicine Wheel - emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually. Let's say we started drinking and drugging in our teenage years. Our emotional development will stop, but we will grow older physically. We could then develop into an immature adult. As adults we might be acting like we were teenagers. Once we stop drinking or drugging, our emotional development will begin again. We need to grow and nurture ourselves in all four directions. We need to involve the Great Spirit's guidance in our development. That's the only way we become wise individuals and live our lives in harmony and in a sacred way.  

Oh Great Spirit, guide my thinking today. Let me walk in a sacred way on the Red Road. Let me be a learner of lessons and give me Your greatest gift - wisdom!

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #113 - 16.09.2003 at 12:28:56

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 16

"To me, the wisdom the Elders have to manifest is in teaching people how to live in harmony and balance with each other and the Earth."
--Sun Bear, CHIPPEWA  

You cannot give away what you don't have. You need to give away what you have in order to keep it. Our Elders have lived their lives with a lot of trial and error. They have experienced how to do things good and they have experienced what didn't work for them as they grew old. They know things about living that we don't know. So, through the years the Elders have gained wisdom. They usually have a whole different point of view because of all their experiences. There are two ways to learn. Someone tells us what they did and we do the same thing or someone tells us what they did and we choose not to do it. Both of these paths will help us to live.  

My Creator, teach me about choices and decisions and consequences. Put an Elder in my life to guide me.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #114 - 17.09.2003 at 11:20:48

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 17  

"The old people must start talking and the young people must start listening."  

--Thomas Banyacya, HOPI  

We are at a critical time in transferring cultural knowledge, spiritual ways. During the last few years the young people have not been interested in learning the old ways. The only place this knowledge is found is among the Elders. We must encourage the young to visit with the Elders. The adults need to think also about learning the culture. The Elders are getting old and soon will go to the other side. Each of us must pause and think about our individual responsibility to learn the culture and teach this to our young.  

Great Spirit, help us to learn and remember the old ways.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #115 - 18.09.2003 at 12:38:37

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 18  

"I walk in and out of many worlds."
-Joy Harjo, CREEK/CHEROKEE  

In my mind are many dwellings. Each of the dwellings we create ourselves - the house of anger, the house of despair, the house of self pity, the house of indifference, the house of negative, the house of positive, the house of hope, the house of joy, the house of peace, the house of enthusiasm, the house of cooperation, the house of giving. Each of these houses we visit each day. We can stay in any house for as long as we want. We can leave these mental houses any time we wish. We create the dwelling, we stay in the dwelling, we leave the dwelling whenever we wish. We can create new rooms, new houses. Whenever we enter these dwellings, this becomes our world until we leave for another. What world will we live in today?  

Creator, no one can determine which dwelling I choose to enter. No one has the power to do so, only me. Let me choose wisely today.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #116 - 19.09.2003 at 11:51:49

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 19  

"I am building myself. There are many roots. I plant, I pick, I prune. I consume."
--Wendy Rose, HOPI/MIWOK  

The most sacred thing on this Mother Earth is life. My life on this earth is governed by God's laws, principles and spiritual values. These things are my roots. Let me see Your gifts of growing and becoming a spiritual warrior. Make my strength based on values - spiritual values; on principles and laws, the laws of God that really run the universe. We need to realize the seeds we plant in the spring will be what shows up in our summer season of growth and will be the fruits that we will harvest in our fall season. We really have a lot to do with what shows up in our lives.  

Great Spirit, let my seed that I plant today be based on values that will make You pleased with my selection.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #117 - 20.09.2003 at 11:04:27

Elder's Meditation of the Day September 20

"You will only get back what you give out."      

The Great Spirit created a system of balance and justice. This law says, if you treat others with respect, you will be treated with respect. If you gossip about no one, no one will gossip about you. If you are fair in all of your dealings, you can expect the same. If you share with others, others, will share with you. If you judge others, others will judge you. You will always get back what you give out. The original teaching talks about being a giving person. A giving person will constantly be on the receiving end.

My Creator, help me to be a giving person today.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #118 - 21.09.2003 at 16:37:31

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 21  

"everything is laid out for you. Your path is straight ahead of you. Sometimes it's invisible but it's there. You may not know where it's going, but still you have to follow that path. It's the path to the Creator. That's the only path there is."

--Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA

Everything on the earth has a purpose and a reason for its existence. Every human being is a warrior and every warrior has a song written in his/her heart and that song must be sung or the soul forever remains restless. This song is always about serving the Great Spirit and helping the people. This song is always sung for the people. Many times I need to learn much about the difficulties of life. I need to know this, so I must experience it. Then I can be of use to the people. Because I am experiencing difficulty does not mean I have left the path or that I have done something wrong. It means I'm doing the will of the Great Spirit during these times of testing. I need to pray constantly to keep a good attitude.  

Great Spirit, this I know - You will never leave me, only my doubting makes it seem like You do. This I know - Your love is always dependable, only my doubting makes it seem like You do. Today remove the doubts from my belief system and allow me to stand straight and see You with straight eyes.

IP Logged

Petra.
Global Moderator
p

All IS Full Of Love

Reply #119 - 22.09.2003 at 11:19:58

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 22  

"I think the spiritual values come first and everything else follows."
--Leonard George, Chief Councilor  

To properly develop, the human being needs to learn the guiding principles. It is from these principles that we make our decisions. Spiritual values are the guiding principles given to us by the Great Spirit. He says if we live by these spiritual values, the results we experience will be good. These spiritual values will develop and guide the human being by helping us to think right. Right thinking will improve our choices and decisions. Doing this will bring good consequences.  

Great Spirit, teach me values first.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10